PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th Jan 2018, 17:57
warhammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by White Knight
There ya go then! The last exercise is RAW DATA; no FDs. The EFATO exercise is WITH FDs. You must be have got your self confused. Don't worry too much as it can happen to pilots sometimes

Guys, please don't take offense but I will write for the last time the configurations, and yes I am pretty sure that they were absolutely the correct configurations as I have been talking and writing/emailing/messaging with my friends as exactly the same since that day.

First Leg:
Visual traffic pattern
Configuration:
FDs OFF, AP Disengage, AT OFF

Second Leg:
One eng inop after V1
Configuration:
AP Disengage, ATs OFF, FDs OFF (BECAUSE I WAS EXPECTED TO FLY A RAW DATA APP, which means at least my FD was off, maybe the examiner next to me turned his ON and that's why maybe we saw something on the FMA after arming the APP, I'm not sure. I never flew a raw data approach flight with one FD ON and never pushed APP on a raw data approach either, and I am absolutely sure that the second leg was a raw data approach guys, please believe me it might have happened like that, maybe we took OFF with FDs ON and after completing everyting, all briefings etc, when turning to inbound course with HDG by the ATC, maybe here they asked me to turn OFF the FD to fly the raw data stuff, and PM stayed with FD ON on his side, and maybe that is why there was something on the FMA (only on ROLL and PITCH mode), but I am sure that on my side there was no FD since it was a raw data approach!)

The last leg:
Both eng operative, inflight, hdg on the inbound course, around 12 nm, ILS approach
Configuration:
AP Disengaged, ATs ON, FDs ON ( and here they wanted to see my flying on FDs)

Best Regards

Last edited by warhammer; 20th Jan 2018 at 20:22.