PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enough...done
Thread: Enough...done
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2018, 03:36
777-Up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Greenfields & Fatbus, yes I understand & agree on a number of your points. No, I'm not 'new'.

We have to be realistic. The strong probability is there's going to be an emma-rates around for the next 10, 20, 30+ years (and beyond).

It is indeed frustrating at times (constantly for some). My point is some wishing a thing to disappear, won't make it happen.

Now, I'm fairly happy here, however I fully understand why some are not. Each of us has to decide for ourselves.

The grass is always greener. Moving companies can have a huge influence on your & family future (education, health care still very good benefits here); possibly positive, possibly negative too.

I was at a location in the UK recently and spoke with the dispatcher who also handles Norwegian. He told us there are a number of ex-emma-rates Capts there. Not all are happy with their previous decision to leave.

One he spoke with sincerely regretted leaving ee-kay. He was working almost as much on 787, for about 1/2 the take-home pay. While 'based' in his home country, but away from home more, on longer layovers.

Just relaying what dispatcher said.

There's no easy answers. The pay & conditions will improve here (I'm guessing by about 10%+) when they absolutely have to, and when it makes clear commercial sense for them to do so. Shouldn't be that way, as a lot of talent walked away but it's on them.

Being proactive appears to be something some org find challenging.

Let's hope it's sooner, rather than later...

Last edited by 777-Up; 20th Jan 2018 at 11:28.