PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An important MSG to my fellow JETCONNECT pilots.
Old 20th Jan 2018, 01:35
jetconnector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawkeye787
The issue is the union has received legal advice that our challenge on rest an meal breaks would have very limited success because Tasman flying has longer cruise periods then the domestic jetstar guys. So being expert negotiators they traded what was already a very questionable trump card for some real genuine benefits which the company will never be able to bargain back. It was our chance to lock it in. My concern now is,the company will fight back and revoke that offer tell us to litigate the meal issue and we are 80% likely to lose. It is for this reason the council said yes. Now we are going to be weaker as one by one the people are going to take IEA's the company is offering to lock in the days off and the bonus payments I already know of 5 (4CPT & 1 FO)looking to do it.
Why are you focusing on one issue? The proposed CEA got voted down for many reasons. And if the company now wishes to take meal break compensation off the table it will merely reinforce how inferior our contract is compared to our peers.