PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Times details proposed UK defence cut options
Old 19th Jan 2018, 18:04
Frostchamber

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[quote=Onceapilot;10024921]
Originally Posted by Frostchamber
Just for the record, not everyone on here shares the antipathy to the carriers that has become notably more vocal in some quarters as the vessels approach service entry....Defence needs to be properly funded and I'd respectfuly suggest that commentators would do well to get behind that idea rather than approaching things from an internecine perspective.
./QUOTE]

Blah, Blah, Blah....

What makes you the voice of reason? Why do you think you have the right idea and the authority to preach to others?
Sorry old chap, this is a discussion of an important topic. Now, I will give a couple of my thoughts... I have read a certain amount of similar banter from those who supposedly think everyone should be waving bunting for the new boats and "those that don't are the enemy". Well, you can stick that misplaced and abusive criticism where the Sun doesn't shine.
Now, stick to arguing your point and do not abuse others with self righteous and incorrect opinions.

OAP
Abusive? Really? I'm sorry if you think that because that certainly wasn't the intention. I'd suggest that nothing I said above comes close to some of the abuse I've seen meted out at times to those who dare to swim against certain tides. It would appear that in your book anyone who doesn't fall in line with the "bin the carriers" meme is in turn the enemy and has "incorrect opinions" and can be talked down to. Stones and glass houses old chap...