PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enough...done
Thread: Enough...done
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2018, 19:58
sheiken around

Gone....should have gone sooner

Hi guys and girls,

I’ve been gone almost 2years now. A fellow ex EK friend told me about this thread, so I’ll add in my 2 cents.

Congrats to all of you who have left, and congrats to all who are leaving!!

I did almost 8 years on the 330/340, including when it turned into an absolute sh1t show prior to their being parked.

I concur with all of the previous posters. Once you leave, for a flying career or otherwise, you honestly feel like you’re regained control of your life.

The big issue is that it takes leaving to make one realize exactly how poorly you were treated at Emirates. I hazard to guess that the treatment of crews has continued to deteriorate. I no longer read pprune so I’m not au fait with the current goings on.

As for me, my new employer treats me with respect and concern. I’m decently compensated, fairly worked and treated decently, fairly and honestly..3 things EK never did to me.

I wish you all of the best and hope that you can all get out before the day of reckoning comes for Emirates. I don’t care how deep their pockets are, or how much influence has, that day is coming, and woe betide those left there when it happens.

Safe travels all.

SA