PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2018, 19:07
Olympia 463

Originally Posted by cats_five
The T31 is tiny - I've been in one and I only just fitted in. I'm under 5'6". If a Cadet flight can be two strapping people weighing almost 100kg each with parachute then a T31 isn't the ship to use.
That's rubbish - hundreds if not thousands of young men have happily fitted into the T31. I don't think anyone weighing 100kg would qualify as an average adolescent, No one ever carried a chute in a T31 in my time - did you? I'm 6ft 2in 70 Kg and I fitted into a T31 perfectly.

If you are worrying about broken ships you should be worrying about crashworthiness and all the glass ships knock spots of the older ones in that respect.
Oh God! No one builds aeroplanes to be crashworthy. If you start from a premise like that you will end up with a very strange plane indeed.

I can see I am wasting my time on this forum. I asked a few pertinent questions in my last input and have got no answers at all, from which I conclude you are all politicians.

Why not get real and stop whingeing after the cushy rides you got in Vikings at the taxpayers expense? I know that building new T31's is now unlikely, but unless a similar cheap aircraft can be sourced or designed, the ATC will no longer be able to do what it was best at - giving youngsters a new confidence in themselves.