PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Switching between Part-FCL LAPL/PPL
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2018, 13:17
CrazyScientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone, that's extremely helpful.

I have actually considered applying for the NPPL and using a medical self-declaration. But my understanding was I would need to go through the full process of filling out the official form from the NPPL website and sending it off to the LAA along with cheques of £102 for the LAA and £51 for the CAA.

I hadn't considered applying for a UK PPL(A) at all, didn't realise they were still being issued.

I've sent an email off to FCLweb asking for clarification. I also need clarification on the medical side too. As far as I can tell, I meet the medical requirements for the self-declaration. However, as I have specifically been made unfit, I really don't want to risk the wrath of the CAA medical department if they specifically believe I shouldn't be using it. I'll have to wait until I have a decision in writing that they consider it appropriate to use this facility before I go ahead with it.

I'm aware of the deadline of 8th April to make use of this exception for EASA aircraft. This was my original motivation for applying for a LAPL.

I've heard of the proposed amendment but have been unable to find anything up-to-date. Thanks for the update ifitaint. It's good news in general but I guess may come too late to be of use to me personally!