PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2018, 09:23
dcoded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

Before proceeding with my application in Norwegian I have some general questions/concerns, I am applying to one of their Nordic bases.

Everyone in Norwegian receives a seniority number when they start, and this seniority number is "valid" in the different branches of Norwegian, such as Short Haul, Long haul etc, Is this Correct?

How many "branches" of Norwegian Exist? I know there is Short Haul, and Long Haul, But as I understand, the Nordic Shourt Haul is a seperate entity?

When it comes to the different AOCs, as far as I know, there is one
Irish AOC (Shourt haul, Long haul)
Brittish AOC (Long haul?)
Norwegian AOC (Short haul, and I am pretty sure i've seen some LN registered 787s)

How does it work, for example, if I receive employment in OSL I will then be employed in PSN (Pilot Services Norway), Will I then ONLY fly LN registered aircraft (Norwegian AOC)?

As I understand, there is an opportunity for base bidding 2 times per year, and this is based on your seniority.
Let's say I receive OSL base, and then 6 months later there is a base bidding open, and many people with high seniority bids for OSL from other bases, will I then be "pushed out" and receve a new employment in any other vacant base?

I remember reading few years back that during Winter time people were "asked" to take unpaid leaves to cover for the fact there were much less flying during winter.
Did this apply to people employed in all bases, was it valid for all type of employees? (Contractors, core)

Finally, I have heard that there is no such "thing" as Norwegian Core anymore?
PSN (Pilot services norway) is not in fact Norwegian Core, am I correct in this assumption?

Sorry to bother you with all these questions.
But I rather find them out here than to waste the recruiters time and apply for something I am not completely sure of.

Thank you very much.