PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NO DUFF - QFI jobs in Qatar. Interviews 28th Jan in UK
Old 18th Jan 2018, 07:00
Whirling Wizardry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qatar Life

Life isn't perfect in Qatar but as long as you are willing to adjust to the cultural differences and accept that you are 'hired help' then it is a very easy place to live. Personally I prefer Qatar over the UK overall.

Life in Qatar is much less stressful overall than compared to the UK. Initially it is a pain trying to get all of your residency permits, driving licence, alcohol permit, etc but once you are over those steps life becomes very nice indeed. I say this from the standpoint as a husband and father. The British Schools in Qatar are excellent and the medical provisions far exceed what the NHS offers. My whole family is very happy to have made the move from the UK and I am certainly enjoying the work/life balance.

I know of Wasaloadie's story and the background behind it (We've previously worked together). I think it's fair to say that if you are a Typhoon or Hawk QFI, there will be many, many years of work for you in Qatar, the job will not disappear overnight, this is enduring Government work, not a commercial contract. I appreciate that they are initially looking for a QFI for Alphajet/Mirage but these will be getting phased out by Rafale, F-15 and Typhoon. There are some Hawks being thrown into the mix too.