PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cancelling flights!
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2018, 20:54
Vokes55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But some stayed and fought.
No they didn't. When I was there, nobody 'fought' for anything. Working days off for no additional payment, accepting standby callouts to position to other bases and pay for their own hotels at short (and expensive) notice, taking the bare minimum fuel and turning the APU off in 30+ celcius, accepting that they're so disrespected by management that not being provided with water in the work place is some kind of norm, accepting that they have to pay for everything - including the uniform you're required to work in, working behind dodgy contractor deals under the benefit of paying little tax, accepting that the company can change their duty without block window protection even if you have plans for after your duty, worrying when returning to base that the company will tell you to do another two sectors, accepting that turning the seat belt signs on to use the toilet is normal, accepting that if you're delayed you still have to pay for inedible food from the bar, accepting the abuse of your cabin crew colleagues - most of whom nowadays can barely speak a word of English, accepting being moved to Fez to do your command upgrade ("I'm not worried, it's only a year and then I'll definitely be back in Stansted"). But don't worry, Ryanair kindly provide you with a 5/4 roster, so it's ok to accept everything else.

Nobody fought for anything until too many people left and the media caught on. Then suddenly one or two grew a backbone. Although you make out to be a popular fella (similar to your obsession with telling everyone you're a captain, you also like to mention all the companies you apparently have friends), I also still know plenty of people in Ryanair - and they don't tow the company line like you, they're well aware that very little is changing, and most would leave if they could get a DEC job in their home base. I've never worked in such a spineless work environment, and believe me I've had some awful jobs.

But don't let that detract you from making personal attacks against somebody you don't know on an internet forum. Mr Captain Popular appears to have a complex