PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Locations
Thread: Locations
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2018, 17:29
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TangoAlphad
While Stornoway, Benbecula and in fact all the Scottish Islands are beautiful the weather can be very changeable and long stretches over very empty water. I'd personally go North after a good bit of experience.

I did some flying in SEP's through France and down into Spain and to the Balearics. Some awesome fun but expensive and you need to plan locations carefully as especially into Spain you can pick up insane handling/landing fee's. Weather far more docile and plan it well plenty of nice locations to visit on the ground.
Agree, the only caveat I have is I am a bit apprehensive now about routing down thru the middle of Spain just east of Madrid due to at least 3 recent fatal (for both parties) bird strikes with humongous Griffon vultures that have their habitat located in the area between the 2 controlled airspaces. Any future trips to the Med will be flown down the east or west side of the country as these big bastards don't seem to be well versed on see and avoid or airspace classifications.