PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airways Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2018, 10:49
mmatalla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings. I am Marwan Atalla, Executive Chairman of Airways Aviation. I am here to answer any questions, but I will not indulge in subjective comments or arguments; only facts.

I previously ran Ayla Aviation Academy, which won Training Provider of the year in 2016. I have known the owner of Airways Aviation (previously Atlantic Flight Training) for many years, and I believe is his vision for the company and the industry. I had several meetings with him, and we eventually decided to join forces and merge the two companies. In view of the size and branding of Airways, we decided to use Airways Aviation instead of Ayla Aviation, which was only known in it's region.

An investment banking firm was hired to manage the merger, and they quickly came to the conclusion that it would be better for the company to close the base in Aqaba, and move the assets to the UK and Spain. This was based on many reasons, which I am happy to go into detail offline with anyone who is interested.

I became Chairman of Airways two months ago, and I am very proud to be part of this organization. Furthermore, we are proud to have a contract with the Libyan Government and to be part of the training of their future generation. Education is the most valuable investment any country can make in itself.

We are equally proud of our self-sponsored and Airline sponsored students. As of today, we have over 200 students in various stages of training. In addition, between the two organizations, we have several thousand graduates working in various Airlines in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.

Thank you