PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - State of the Industry
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2018, 09:21
Lude-og

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fadecdegraded
What other type of instrument rating is there these days I think a command instrument rating is the only one you can get.
I think we all know that a fresh command instrument rating with no renewals is prob not the guy you want as a captain which is why you see the job adverts for captain asking for several renewals.
Just saying
A CIR is all there is now yes, unless you already had a current Co-Pilot Instrument rating before they unceremoniously pulled the plug on that one, in which case I believe you may still be able to renew that, but I only heard that from someone else so I could be wrong on that one.

But the point still remains that if you already have a 139 type rating with a command instrument rating then you are probably already pretty well set up (and more than likely already gainfully employed on a multi), as gullibell alluded to.

Call me a sook but it was a kick in the balls for many when they took away the Co-Pilot Instrument rating and pretty much turned it into carbon copy of EASA IR requirements to have to shell out for an instrument rating in a twin to be employable in the Offshore/EMS world in Australia.