PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - State of the Industry
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2018, 07:21
Twist & Shout

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Brother
ignorant (but realistic) calling twisty, over

I have been on the dole before down at the dole office collecting my handout. the mrs hated it, kids to feed, mortgage to pay etc. Now i might have a slightly smaller pay slip than some in other companies or it might not be much smaller in reality. but i know that i will still have a job this time next year. i may be ignorant in your opinion but i am employed with good pay in my opinion. dole money doesnt care how big your pay slip is.
Are you assuming that the only two options were “dole” or a “smaller payment”?
What about the third option: “industry standard payment”? (Hard won, and deserved. IMHO)

Are you assuming that if one operator had not decided to base their business model on “cheapest” and relied on pilots on the dole being willing to accept a lower Pay and conditions, and tender accordingly, that the operation on which you currently fly would have been shut down?

(I’d suggest another, more expensive/established operator would have been awarded the tender, and probably offered you a job, on “slightly more” remuneration than you are on now.)

We are arguing over very little. (And occasionally comparing individual circumstances with whole of industry concepts.)
I hope we can all stick together a bit, and not contribute to a race to the bottom, which will be bad for everyone, including the clients. (Eventually.)

Have a great day all my fellow pilots.
(You are all worth more money!)