PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bill Hamilton leaves GA for dead
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2003, 06:11
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIT HARSH SLICE

Slice

Bit harsh but I guess it is easy to judge people on the bad bits of history - wasn't the old saying that it takes 100 good deeds to overcome one misdeamour?

Of course, we don't have any history on the current new crew but it may be interesting to return to their performance in say 3 years?

As an aside, I note Boyd - who is fairly canny at avoiding legal suit - particularly from quick draw Bonnie of AOPA notes that NO other organisation but ASA campaigned for the CAR 268/269 results mentioned in my last post.

Lo and behold, I just read my AOPA mag and it has an anti that legislation by Marjorie P and - what balanced approach by AOPA - the rebuttal by CASA. I'm impressed - future AOPA magazines may well become highly sought by members of debating teams wanting to gather for and against material for debates. AOPA will of course win the day by such an approach - the massive AOPA team with years of aviation law background versus the tiny CASA bureaucracy which will not have the time to churn out their half of the debate.

Oh dear, I'm getting confused, think I'll have a little lie down and contemplation of what it all means. Hey, CASA could hire Bill Hamilton - don't I recollect he put in a lot of time actually putting in submissions on behalf of GA?
Cheers
Brian H
PS I believe Bill Pike has resigned - he probably got sick of emphasis on moderation of the AOPA Forum instead of matters GA?