PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th Jan 2018, 19:58
warhammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience in the Sim Session on the first interview day !

I was taken to the sim assessment by two EK examiners. First flight was a visual traffic pattern. I did everything well, no big problems. The second was eng failure after V1. I did what I had to do. I will directly come to the point. The examiner sitting behind gave me a HDG to intercept LOC. The configuration was like that:

FDs OFF
AT OFF
AP Disengaged

They requested me to do a raw data approach for ILS12L. With the configuration above, I flew manually to follow LOC diamond on the PFD. When the LOC was alive, I started slightly turning left to intercept the LOC. The guy sitting at the back froze the sim and started asking questions. He asked me what I was doing. I said I was following the LOC diamond! He asked what I do normally when I was cleared for an ILS approach, and I said I was trying to follow the diamonds, I did not understand what he meant because he was giving me hard times and I was completely sweaty due to the fact that it was an interview flight! He was standing up and talking very rude bla bla bla. When I was trying to explain myself, he even said "do not talk to me like that, just say that I did a mistake and then I will accept it" !! The guy next to me was staring at me as if I was doing a very big mistake. Then they said I should have armed the APP by asking the PM before intercepting the ILS, but what was it for ? !! There was no FD on the PFD, and I was expected to fly a raw data approach! What is the benefit of arming the APP mode here? Then they started acting like I do not know what to do when cleared for ILS Approach/ Well ,let me tell you something; If I don't know when to arm the APP mode, how come I came this far for the last 5 years in line flights? I was surprised about the treatment in the sim, and I wanted to finish the session and leave immediately. I hated the attitude and the CRM there. Afterwards, I armed the APP as they asked before intercepting the LOC, and of course only the FMA changed! I completed the sim and the result is failure now! I am so disappointed.. Maybe this result is better for me.. I just felt that unnecessary pressure even in the interview sim session. I can't imagine how they treat inside the company during Sim Check Flights!