PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2018, 16:32
Adola69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woe woe and thrice woe is they ! (Apols. Frankie Howard)

Mmmm, yet again, a great Manchester plan is to be Scaled Back.

Where on earth have the visionary's / the risk takers gone ?

Why scale back? Are those in charge with the future of the Airport so meek and blind that they can't already see that the present plans are at least 5 years late in being started and by the time they are finished we will most likely only just be ahead of the game again, before we find that we've fallen behind the drag curve once more?

I remember a Film, where the phrase " Build it, and they will come " was used to great effect. Yes o.k. a film based on fantasy, but there have been real life precedents before, even at Manchester!

Terminal 1 in the 60's,- when built it was sometimes like a ghost town, but soon proved its worth by putting Manchester well and truly at the top.

Runway extensions in the 60's /70's. Only one or two transatlantic flights that required a greater length than 7000' for a max weight departure, but extensions were built and then more and more came and the airport boomed.

Pier C in the 70's, was called a white elephant, but a few years later what would they have done without it?

Come on Man managers, - manage a thriving business by scaling UP rather than down all the time, - there's just no vision anymore.

The money must still be there, otherwise why publish such grandiose plans about the development in the first place, only to pull the plug and watch the baby go down the plug hole with the bath-water?

How I wish I could for once sing their praises as I did in the past