PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence support contractor Carillion fighting to stay afloat
Old 16th Jan 2018, 14:53
Olympia 463

Carillion

Originally Posted by pr00ne
For all those banging on about this being the end of PFi deals and public sector outsourcing, you need to look at Carillion's last published accounts. The PFO and public sector contracts are all fine, heathy and very profitable.
It is on the construction side that they have made huge losses, they are the UK's second largest construction company, and it is here that they have got it disastrously wrong.

The PFI and public sector deals will be easy for the liquidator to sell on.
That's all very well, and at the end of the day the good bits will be passed on. However the whole firm is at a standstill and will not be paying wages so one hopes that the hapless workers have a month or two's salary stashed away. I was lucky when I got thrown on the scrapheap when my employer went into liquidation. The liquidator had a few jobs which if finished would bring in some cash. I had been a chief designer, but I worked for six weeks as a contract draughtsman while I found another job.