PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bucks New Uni Post PPL Modular Reccomendations?
Old 16th Jan 2018, 13:16
jaydotbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Bucks New Uni Post PPL Modular Reccomendations?

Hi everyone.

I am currently a student at Bucks New Uni studying Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training. In our first year, we are currently completing our PPLs for June 2018 hopefully at Booker Aviation. Our Second and Third academic years of University requires us to complete just about everything else (we're all aspiring for fATPLs).

Never mind the uni part of the course for now. I along with a handful of other students in the same position as me and want recommendations on where to complete our training. The Uni have recommended where to spend our time (can't hyperlink because i'm new here but you can search the course on the bucks website), but we can't help but feel that it's too expensive. We've tried to research alternatives such as Bartolini, Olympus, Ventum Air, and Smart Aviation, and we'd like to know if its feasible moneywise and job prospect wise to study in these European places as some of the prices they list seem too good to be true when compared to CTC/L3 and CAE OAA.

If we were to go abroad though we were probably thinking of sticking together (5 of us) as we're like-minded and "strength in numbers" I guess? Any help would be appreciated.