PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-2
Thread: Gatwick-2
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2018, 10:15
Egda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gatwick Arrival from CTA

Gatwick has had a number of years to improve the infrastructure for arrivals from the CTA. To be honest, Manchester is the same, but at least here you don't have to climb four flights of stairs.

Do the airport authorities care, no I don't think they do, after getting soaking wet boarding a bus when on my last visit, I complained to Gatwick customer services. As a response I received.

"Thanks for contacting the team at Gatwick; I'm very sorry to hear that you're unhappy with some of the facilities and process at our airport.

Gatwick did indeed received a ministerial directive from Border Force to ensure that all CTA arriving passengers are completely segregated from international arriving passengers to eliminate the risk of border breaches. This means that we now have to treat CTA arriving passengers as domestic passengers and passengers have to be coached from the aircraft to the South Terminal domestic arrivals.

I’ve shared your comments about the South Terminal arrivals route with our Terminal Manager. I'm not aware of any imminent plans to improve the domestic arrivals route or process, but we do use passenger feedback when introducing changes so I wouldn't rule out a change for the future."