PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence support contractor Carillion fighting to stay afloat
Old 14th Jan 2018, 22:40
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by air pig
I agree with you about the company and it's liquidation, but will the people on the stations at least in the short term be brought into the MoD workforce as there are not enough in the armed forces to fill the gaps.
Well Reuters are reporting the Government have refused to step in should the banks not agree to new terms. If that happens I believe the administrators will he called in before the end of the month.

That said, part of me thinks there will be a u-turn. The political left will no doubt seize on job losses, pensions implications and impacts on infrastructure and already struggling services. The government isn’t in such a strong position either in Parliament or amongst the electorate it can be seen to be antagonising core voters when the bankers were bailed out. I know the bank bailout was under Broon’s watch, but they’ll use a lack of compassion for ordinary folk as a stick. I don’t think this is quite over just yet.