PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS eases entry tests for women
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2018, 22:06
NutLoose

Received 2,939 Likes on 1,252 Posts
why do they have to be able to carry a dog?
One would imagine it's a requirement for the simple reason at some points in service the handler will need to, such as over broken glass etc in certain situations. Hence the requirement to ensure they have the ability to do it. In the same vein as air loadies of both sexes on the VC10 had to demonstrate the ability to lift and drag the heavy life rafts from their storage area in the rear cabin ceiling to the doors and deploy them in a set time.

I do feel however the country is screwed with all this PC bull****, I am all for equality etc but at the end of the day someone somewhere has to recognise that women are simply not built the same as men in both skeletal structure and muscle, I for one cannot see how she was discriminated against, the fact that there ARE female dog handlers proves the course IS passable by females and has been in the past, so where is the discrimination? Or are we going to become a Country that rewards failure with financial recompense, as that appears the way we are going.

If anyone watched the biggest little railway tonight with that ex Army bod laying a model train track in Scotland, it has a section that showed PC madness gone to extremes laying track alongside but a distance away from a canal, the spotty kid in charge had them in full reflective gear with life jackets helmets and ear defenders, the whole 9 yards and was bleating on worrying they may miss the start of their 1 hour lunch period.... It was totally over the top PC crap and shows how far this country is going down the tubes, don't get me wrong, safety is paramount, but this appeared to be more worried about crossing the T's and dotting the I's to be seen to be complying with the letter of the law rather than the spirit of it.

Last edited by NutLoose; 14th Jan 2018 at 22:26.