PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I've hit my wall working in ME.
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2018, 12:08
felixthecat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had enough here too.

When I joined it was a far far different company to what it is today, people were generally happier and the mood was so much brighter. I wasn't flying my ass off, crazy tired and constantly struggling with close to minimum days off and 90+ hours month in month out.

I was proud to work for Emirates at that stage, then things slowly started to change. Now I go to work, do my job and countdown till I leave. There is ridiculous pressure from management and the threat based environment they have created, whilst sticking their head in the sand and telling everyone that there is no threat is crazy. Silly little petty rules that are brought in that don't save money but just cause bad feeling and resentment, examples of which are no more duty-free, no more than 1 day off before/after leave, not being allowed to officially bring in anything that doesn't fit in your suitcase etc etc. When management know the mood amongst the flight and cabin crew and yet they seemingly go out of their way to make things more miserable. Why???

The one thing that is still reasonable, depending on the length of service and position, is the salary. Even the salary is however rapidly spiraling southwards with no pay raises, no step increases, whilst inflation, tax and excise duties eat away bit by bit. Is it any wonder the few they get to join still are from somewhat disadvantaged countries or those are desperate for a jet rating.

I do however still look at friends in the western countries who struggle to make ends meet and when I'm feeling low remind myself of a reasonably bright future should I keep saving. In most countries things for the average worker are not bright and shiny, unfortunately, we are starting to feel that too.

I suffer this today for the quality of life tomorrow, I just hope I make it to tomorrow with the crazy workload and management environment we have these days.

Last edited by felixthecat; 14th Jan 2018 at 13:59.