PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I've hit my wall working in ME.
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2018, 11:20
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Having dealt with 4 airline failures and having avoided a 5th (let you guess that one) I thought I’d add my perspective here.
Just like everyone else I’ve been through the gambit of emotions and stages that everyone seems to here, that being said, after I’d been here 7 years I suddenly realised that I had the financial monkey off my back. Along the way I’ve actively avoided any significant involvement with other EK colleagues and I’ve made a concerted effort to ignore all the moans, groans, missives, FCI’s, ACI’s, company updates, training edicts and the half a hundred other small cuts and directives imposed at various times.
The result is that I go to work with a mindset of looking after myself and my crew first and foremost without ever being concerned about fleet or the other oxygen thieves.
This place is what you make of it, I couldn’t give too sh1ts about the locals, the airline or the BS that other people mistakenly believe they can change. When I leave here my kids will have been adequately educated, my mortgage will be 0 and I will have enough invested to see myself and my good wife into a long retirement, until then, when you work with me I will be the first to buy you a beer and laugh at the @ssholes we work for.
I should add that with a little bit of thought it’s been very easy to continue to bring 4 litres of fire water back into these uncivilised parts.