PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leap & CFM56
Thread: Leap & CFM56
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2018, 09:51
Yan104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've been able to return to this beautiful community of professionals in a field that I love, aviation and aeronautics, even if unfortunately I could not make my profession of it ... Oh and with a little delay I wish you all a happy new year 2018. Moreover, I beg my English-speaking readers to apologize for any clumsy aeronautic formulations in english because I am French-speaker.

The Leap engine is about to succeed the CFM 56 I think in the coming decade. So I'm wondering when the production line of the latter engine will definitely be stopped. It seems to me that today it remain only the -5B and -7B variants on the 737 NG and the A320 ceo . I hypothesize that the production of the CFM 56 will definitely be stopped with the complete replacement of the 737NG and A320 ceo fleets through the world ... Could it be possible however for these aircrafts to be updated with Leap engines?

I still find quite limiting for customers of the 737 MAX family the unique choice of the Leap 1B engine, even if the PW1000G GTF still seems to know some sins of youth ... Why have imposed this unique engine?

In the impatient expectation of your kind answers.