PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job satisfaction in Qatar Airways
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2018, 08:12
BgVlad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by birdy340
Recently a friend of mine, Captain on the wide body fleet resigned because the Airline and the salary was not up to his expectations. So much stress to operate with them and a salary barely acceptable in a very expensive country.
I just don’t understand the salary bit! The salary is exactly as presented during the interview process, no surprises there. It’s also quite easy to find out cost of living before coming to Qatar.
In regards to stress...no more no less than any other ME airline.
I think people working for QR complain less, only because they come here with more realistic expectations. They are not caught up in hype of UAE lifestyle and they are more aware that this is only temporary. Most of the guys I’ve flown with, came here with very clear goals in regards to money, career progress, what they wanna achieve and when that is done, they are out.
Money is actually good, lots of opportunities for career progress and most of the guys are awesome to fly with.
Of course, we could complain about some things (accommodation being one of them), Doha lifestyle is not for everyone, but those are the facts that are available before coming here.