PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence support contractor Carillion fighting to stay afloat
Old 13th Jan 2018, 22:59
langleybaston

Received 668 Likes on 240 Posts
Originally Posted by ShyTorque
I hate to think. But it annoys me very much that whilst I am forced by law to pay to increase the pensions of others, in line with inflation, my own pension does not increase at all. Especially when the husband of my wife's friend boasts of going to the Mercedes factory as a guest to see his new expensive saloon come off the production line - his retirement present to himself, a council accountant who was able to take early retirement. His wife has also retired early. Meanwhile, I'm informed that myself and my wife have to work an extra year and six years respectively to help pay for it. Judging by the recent performance of my pension fund it looks like I'll be keeping my little hatchback, already almost twenty years old, when I retire in a few years.

Come the revolution......
I was Her Majesty's M o D Civil Servant fot 41 years. Right at the outset my daddy told me that the job was secure, the pension was early and good, and the pay was ****e. Your choice, he said. The problem [or the advantage] is that in the early years we cannot predict how it will turn out.
**** happens, its how you dodge it that matters.