PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Denny Dobson, Flying Legend?
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2003, 00:14
scopeland

mmm cunning stunt..... I see! Now where is my giant Panda.......

I am sure Mr Dobson is a truly charming and unassuming man who would not harm a fly and I have no desire to cause him grief. His last "display" was Wednesday so no missed opportunity in that sense. I don't want an apolgy from him, I just want him to be more considerate!

I am sure he is safe and hopefully the reliability of his aircraft exceeds his ability. If he were to fly NW by 3 miles he would have absolutely no one to annoy.

In the right context i.e at a display I would be as happy as any other aviation enthusiast to watch his display. I would be quite happy drive the 3nm NW and sit in the field and watch him practice. I have made no complaint about living next to an airfield, for all I care you could sit and do engine runs on a Phantom and I would enjoy it. What I don't like is my neighbours in a very small village thinking that all pilots are low level showboaters with no respect for the community and then giving me earache for it as the nearest flyer!! And for the record my time in the village well predates Mr Dobson's tenure!

We have a resident at the aerdrome that operates a massive turbine helicoptor, a 10 seat Piper Navajo and a couple of other big singles that the locals don't even know are there. Yet they believe that Mr Dobson is based there becuase of the disturbance they feel he causes.

Who DB chooses as his heroes are upto him. I merely retaliated when he attacked me. You are right he is a damn fine photographer with a well presented web site that is a credit to aviation.

If we are to prevent the decline of aviation in this country then we have to become more sensative to the non-aviation community.

Here endeth the rant.......

Love Scopey
the man who has achieved nothing in his life..................

Oh and yeah the Channel Islands are indeed fantastic flying!!!