PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Denny Dobson, Flying Legend?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2003, 23:49
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DD - a legend in his own lunchtime

This thread has warmed up a bit while I was away getting some currant bun in Jersey (MMMmmmm Jersey - check out my new thread on the place!)

It'll be teddy's and dummies as well as gloves on elastic at this rate...!

Hmmmm...

1. Scopey moved next to an airfield - 300m from the threshold and you cant get an awful lot closer.

2. 'Dirty Den' ( I know he will chuckle at that coz he knows me!) flies over his house.

3. Scopey doesn't use any of the friendly methods to prevent the alleged infingement (picking up the phone or walking across for a chat for example) , decides that he 'must be insane' (his words)and decides to 'dob him in' to the CAA.

4. The CAA predictably weren't remotely interested unless damning evidence could be produced.

These are the facts.

Now, call me cynical (OK I'm cynical!) but could it be the case that 'Dirty Den' (either didn't or )doesn't fly over Scopeys house any more below 500ft and Scopey has become frustrated that he has missed the opportunity to cause him some grief?

DD is aware of this thread. Even if he did commit the foul deed he would be nutz to do it again and surely won't.

DD has an unlimited Display Authorisation - down to just 3 feet I believe.

DA's aren't just issued willy nilly - you have to demonstrate that you are safe.

For what its worth Scopey - Let DD do what he does best, stop 'hiding in the bushes with your camera', acknowledge that DD's (and the delightful Mrs DD!)livelihood depends on his precious DA and chill out.

He ain't going to give you sufficient evidence, ever, to cause the CAA to even remotely consider sending one of their investigators along.

He also ain't going to do a Santa impression down your chimney pot either....

Kiss, make up, enjoy DD's cunning stunts.

If you did manage to afford him the courtesy of a face to face chat you will be met by a shy, unassuming bloke who is the last person in the world to deliberately upset you.

If he has offended you, I am sure he would apologise - (given the opportunity....)

The aviation scene would be a duller place without DD's dynamic, noisy and, lets face it - unconventional - contributions.

Finally, Scopey has 'had a right pop' at Damien B. DB has quite understandably been wowed by DD's flying, likes him too and feels that his hero has been victimised. He feels especially aggrieved because DD ain't likely to get baited into a response on this thread and is thus a stationary target.

DB is arguably one of the UK's greatest aviation photographers whose work has been enjoyed by so many (including you Scopey?) - and lots more to come from this talented bloke.

What have you done except conciously move next to an airfield and drip about one of the pilots Scopey?

I know what I would rather be remembered for.

HP