PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying G-registered planes on an FAA PPL
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2018, 08:08
AmericanEagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying G-registered planes on an FAA PPL

I have an FAA PPL and 200 hrs, and have about 60 hours flying in the UK. I have no special endorsements, just a plain vanilla VFR license. Of course I have all the required documentation for currency, medical certs and RT. Recently I have been made aware of this bit of CAA bureaucracy, and I do not really understand it or its purpose. I have been renting and flying in the UK for about 4 years, and had not heard of this requirement until a couple of weeks ago:

https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33...ice2017029.pdf

Does anyone out there understand what this means? What are they trying to accomplish? This just looks like certification of certification...And there is nothing regarding updating, expiration of whatever cert this might result in, and whether such certification is even really required. Each of the pieces behind this application take time to get, and eventually expire, except the FAA PPL itself (currency, medical) and if I add endorsements, then that would render such a certification obsolete, too. What purpose does this really serve? Is it really “required”? What does not doing this paperwork really mean?

Thanks in advance!