PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crop Sprayer Answers Distress Call and Helps Rescue Parachutist From Icy Lake.
Old 13th Jan 2018, 07:05
heliduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Frying Pan
The seriousness. Exactly MG. I apologise if I offended. I was just mentioning the tradegy of a lost skydiver as opposed to the pilot answering a distress signal. I'll say nothing more on this.

FP.
Thread creep - Don't let yourself get censored by the politically correct "upset at every comment" culture FP. I agree with you, a person died in what we assume is an accident, that is the tragedy & is what I would expect the concern to be focused on. The title of the article is an obvious attempt by a journalist to provide "click bait" so people will open the article & trigger all the associated advertising. How many times have you seen an article where a person asked a friend in a vehicle & take them to a boat so they could help in a rescue - never?? I wonder why, not a very exciting story. It makes my blood boil that journalism has descended to this point, in my opinion they have removed the humanity from providing news coverage.

MG - This is a forum, the intention of a forum is to provide an opportunity for discussion. If you continue to bully people with a "holier than thou" attitude we will only ever be able to express an opinion if it is aligned with yours. Have a read through the history books & see if that sounds familiar.

Back to the thread - A group of people did everything they could using whatever means possible to help a person in distress, that's what humanity is all about & they have demonstrated selflessness. I'll bet they are shattered that they weren't able to save that persons life, & that's a tragedy. I hope the family finds some solace in the fact that everyone did everything they could. RIP.