PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2018, 22:04
Lexsis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dirk85
Bragging about 4000 GROSS a month is the most laughable thing I heard all week, you made my day, thank you.
Glad to be of service to you, altough the joke is on you since you were the first to say that what someone else was saying was not even coming close to your personal figures. Not only this post, but some of your previous posts as well... so to be honest I had quite a laugh when I read your post. And give the guy above atleast some credit for putting his payslip on here. Atleast he showed what he is getting, how he sorts out the rest is his worry, not yours.

And god, you must have really hated your time there though, reading through some of your previous posts, alot of the time you are bashing about the company. If you hated/disliked it so much, why the hell did you join in the first place?!

Regarding the taxation, personally I am on a local contract, which means I pay social taxes in the country I am based. The income tax depends entirely around the tax treaty between your home country, Switzerland, base country etc. etc. Maybe in your case you we're double taxed, maybe other people weren't, just depends what country you are from and how they have set it up. You paid your social security taxes for your pension, sick leave etc. since you were on a local contract apparently, well so do I.

I have seen the figures on a local contract and a Confair one, you get MORE paid for a sector on a local one, and you get per diems, those are facts. Maybe when you joined it was different.

Regarding cost of living, how does anyone know what my personal situation is and what I have to fund in my home country? Off course, if you own a house, got a wife and kids back home it's not gonna be anywhere near enough to pay all this. But I don't have any of these. My living costs are never going to be as high as some other people here. And considering my age, with a bit of luck and hard work I will hopefully get plenty of oppertunities.
For me its no smoke and mirrors or making misdirected comments. But if I'd be starting somewhere at a legacy airline like BA or KLM to name a crazy example, I would off course expect to be paid much more than a salary like this. But up until a certain point, getting more money doesn't make me anymore happier than I already am. If I can keep a conservative living, do some fun stuff every once in a while, fly, meet new people etc. I am already more than happy. This is me personally, others might see the dollar signs in their eyes and can't wait to go somewhere else and make the big cash.

And retirement, whats up about this? I might like it there, I might not, why would one just assume nobody would want to retire in Eastern-Europe? I have spoken to other people from the Western EU and they really like the time flying for Wizz there. Some of them even got a wife, kids etc. and settled down in CEE. Am I going to retire there and settle down? I don't know, let me first see how it goes the coming years.

On a sidenote, before I started making replies in this topic, I noticed that it has almost always been the same people bashing around, telling other people wrong and they are right. Or people thinking all sorts off stuff behind a maybe wronly placed emoji to name another example. (of which my and the other comment thankfully got deleted) Jeez people, what is going on, this a place to get advice and to help each other out. Instead, it becomes a yes and no game about who is right. Even with my reply here it happened again. There is some serious negativity in this topic and in quite a few others as well (which I also participated in). Why is it constantly that these discussions are being made? Before I started replying more actively here I have seen a lot of discussions getting out of hand. I can imagine people don't want to voice their opinions, information or experiences here, and frankly, I got this feeling too. And it's not just about some of the above comments, it is the whole trend throughout this thread and quite a few others too. Hopefully some will know what I mean, and others, well....

Last edited by Lexsis; 12th Jan 2018 at 22:35.