PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hot refuelling an AS355 F version
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2018, 20:33
SuperF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah punto, I think he means me, but also quite a few others on here that agree, but just can’t be bothered with him....

Art, no it wasn’t me in QT, never flown a squirrel. I have heard stories of guys down there guiding their pax on 30min walks, leaving the machine running. Now that I think is stupid.

But read how I described how to do what is being discussed. Not Flight Idle, TC. Ground idle, 66%approx. Don’t try to change what people say and then tell them they are wrong.

next time you are in a helicopter set it at Ground idle and see if you can get it to fly!!!! If you can then Best that u don’t hop out of that helicopter. None of mine will fly away with engine wound back, so how can it fly away???

And just because your definition of flight is when the blades are turning, but you haven’t left the ground doesnt mean that you are correct. I am pretty sure that the Wright brothers hadn’t achieved “flight” until they had left the ground.

Now to really blow your mind, the way the rules are written in NZ it is currently “Legal” to hot refuel a turbine engine aircraft, with pax onboard, but no pilot!! Try letting that sink in. Do I do it, no, can I legally, yes.