PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK207 Jfk
Thread: EK207 Jfk
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2018, 03:50
clear to land

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Comparing with the past is not appropriate. The aircraft were smaller with less energy (most still are). The crews were not as tired-had not crossed as many time zones. The crews probably flew into the same airports regularly rather than once every 2-3 years. The sky was not as congested let alone the terminal area. In many cases English was a mother tongue. ATC and Pilots treated EACH OTHER with respect. All of that has changed. Ask yourself -what size aircraft was the airfield designed to take'. How many movements was a realistic number for ATC and the infrastructure? When was the last time money was spent upgrading the airport/ATC/infrastructure? Consider US TERPS-there is no possibility that a Cat D/E aircraft can comply with what the TERPs by definition allow. This does not excuse not flying a 3 x approach but Blind Freddy can see the cheese holes aligning. FWIW having flown into every continent in my opinion all US Gateway Airport facilities that I have experienced are at a Third World level however so are those of my own country for the same reason-no infrastructure spend as it takes longer than an election cycle so there are no votes in it!!!