PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2018, 20:23
Daleboy93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by norse12
@Daleboy93

I had heard that they were going to send some trainees to Spain, but I haven't heard any details yet. Very interesting though! Would you mind sharing a bit about how it is going to work? Like how long you will be training there for, and is NATS organising accommodation for you etc? Pretty cool, i'm sure it will be fantastic experience living in Spain for a while.
Yeah it'll be a nice way to spend the rest of the winter months definitely! I studied Spanish at Uni and lived out in various parts of Spain for 18 months or so during my degree. So a pretty great stroke of luck to be going back for a bit on the first NATS course in Spain

So the information we've had is 21 consecutive weeks training at FTE Jerez completing the basic course (start early Feb, back to UK early July). NATS have organised flights out from Heathrow after an initial induction at CTC Whiteley.

Accommodation is full board on-site at FTE Jerez, basically uni-style rooms with a bathroom, WiFi etc. NATS have part-funded but we're required to pay a weekly supplement. The part-funding comes in place of any allowances trainees in Southampton may be entitled to. I suspect Jerez will still work out a fair bit cheaper though considering your outlay will be zero during the week bar some exploring money on weekends.

Other than that, I'm led to believe the course structure will be very similar and everything else should run as usual. I suspect this outsourcing of training will continue for some time given the sheer number of new trainees. coming in... Exciting stuff!