PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2018, 11:48
treadigraph
Gnome de PPRuNe

Received 300 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by planesandthings
Yes but having friends who fly there, they are continuing to have issues with people on the airfield that shouldn't be! Anyone that's been to Kenley knows how unsecure the site is. And as we know, the RAF would not dare risk that until the threat is quite rightly mitigated with better fencing.
Red sign boards have recently been installed at intervals around the peri-track warning the public of the dangers.

I haven't walked around the airfield while its been active for quite some time so haven't seen any stupidity for a number of years - the last time was a small boy heading off to the centre of the airfield and ignoring his grandad's pleas to come back; 615 were fitting in a last couple of launches before a scheduled fly-by from the BBMF - I hope the little sod got the thrashing of his life!

On a positive note, a local ATC Sqn were doing a charity bag pack at Tesco before Christmas - briefly spoke to a young lady who told me with a huge smile that she'd been awarded a gliding scholarship and was very excited!