PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 11th Jan 2018, 10:16
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
expat400...except for one thing. It is a very different proposition moving from..lets say London to Hamburg..to become an expat.

when you move to the ME as an Expat...you are "lured" with a "contract" that promises certain things...things you may well expect as a person deciding to move his/her family from the home in a Western Country to the ME.

What you soon discover, is the "contract" you have is not worth the paper it is written on...and there is no avenue of appeal when it is changed, always for the worst.

It is funny you note hoe post back to 2005 start talking about how things were getting bad at EK. I joined in 2005, then it was the greatest job in the world..by 2006..slowly the rot started. I had left my previous job on "good faith" that the contract I signed would be honoured.

Im happy to send you a copy of it...it says something about 78 hour monthly rosters..6 weeks annual leave....and on and on..

My last roster when I left was 98 hours, I had had 3 weeks leave in 14 months..."but its all legal Captain..."

I say again...there is a big difference in sitting in your own home ( insert your country here) and getting different conditions, to sitting in Dubai a long way from home, and having them stuffed down your thought....My opinion only.