PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHC Beaver down in Hawkesbury
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2018, 03:39
aeromariner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by megan
Get a grip. I didn't say there were no STC add ons, I said the TCDS included said landing contrivances, and the TCDS items were included in the flight manual, as you would expect.Be interested to see a copy. You can supply? Assume Australia in its wisdom knew more than the manufacturer.
The proforma was called "Civil Mk 1", and it has well and truly been abandoned. The archives in Canberra will flog you a copy. "Civil Mk2"came along and I think that was a combination of Civil Mk1 and the POH. One reason for all this was that everything had to be in ICAO metric. Hence the max xwind became 8.7kts. Mk 2 too has been abandoned. I lost track (or interest) at that stage, as I was turning out manuals to the GAMA spec. They were approved by CASA or whoever, until I got a CAR138 delegation. And I can tell you that if you didn't get your flight manual supplements tickedy boo, you got into deep trouble - even with the NZCAA. Anyway I think the floats are EDO. I was told they were Wipline, and from pictures (obviously prior to the accident), the decks look like wipline, but the nose looks like EDO. Since VH-NOO was operated under an AOC, an operations manual would have been used in lieu of the flight manual, and they can contain information directly from a flight manual from an NAA such as PSM 1-2-1 (full of edo data). Or any other approved source The latest I could find was signed 1985, but does not appear to have been amended after 1976. None of the subsequent owners of dehav (Bombardier or Viking) seem to have taken an interest in it. Forty years without a flight manual amendment is a bit suss. If I'd got my float identification right, then I would not have caused so much angst. Apologies Incidentally, way back EDO wouldn't appoint Ben Wiplingers little aviation company as a dealership, so Ben decided he would show them a thing or two.