Thread: Pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2018, 01:15
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by mikk_13
That sounds miserable.

Aviation really is a rubbish career
You sound as though you are suffering depression?

I'm unsure of metroman's lot, but the only rubbish consistent is pilots. You work hard and make it somewhere and there is tragic ease of which people will do your job for less and without thought.

When at AN, desperados came home and were VB training captains for less than what we were paid as F/O's at AN. Now I imagine VB training capts are still paid significantly less than QF training captains? So while these clowns paid for their ratings and bellowed the unsustainability of domestic wages, this must be egg of the face now considering the long careers of QF pilots.

And now, Aussie pilots flock to Asia for the big money jobs and get paid a whopping 10k AUD less a month than my current contract. Then after a short time, they realise they don't have the lifestyle you do, and they run home and live in Sunbury or Mascot claiming the Aussie lifestyle.

In my observation, the only consistent solution to all this is rigid standards. If you can be replaced by a dodo with ease, you will be. Nothing else seems to work. The dumbing down of standards slews the supply and demand back toward the employer who universally, seem to have an obliging regulator.