PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An important MSG to my fellow JETCONNECT pilots.
Old 10th Jan 2018, 00:44
bythenumbers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately buying into the company’s cost neutral bs has meant that things have been given up that needn’t have been.

Diddling FO’s out of $5580 per year on loss of licence insurance (over 60 FO’s ... not each) is penny pinching on the company’s behalf or pure incompetence by ALPA... probably both from what I’ve seen.

Giving up stat days to get 10 days off (of which the company is only obligated to roster 9 plus an owed lieu) is basically what we’ve got now; it’s a shuffling of a clause now wearing a shiny new hat. Don’t be fooled, you haven’t REALLY gained much. Between 130 to 141 days off per year... let’s hope you’re the lucky one. Jetstar NZ get 142 by the way. But... You don’t actually get 10 days off for 6 months after signing AND you’re not entitled to monetary loss of those days off and over the life of a 2 year agreement you’re down to an average of 131.

It was mentioned at the base meeting that the reserve call out couldn’t be changed because the company “doesn’t want pilots driving an extra half an hour due to fatigue” yet apparently doing an extra 5 hours duty per week has no effect on fatigue... again incompetence.

Meal break payment under NZ Employment law... traded away... initial FO pay... traded away... in this market... incompetence or worse.

The list goes on but I won’t clog the thread with anymore... if you don’t have a copy of the draft just look at the old contract and rearrange some words.

“Cost neutral”...

I’m sorry but this agreement is not worth the paper it’s written on. Voting yes is an affirmaion that JC Pilots aren’t worth anything more in this market than they were back in 2013.

Last edited by bythenumbers; 10th Jan 2018 at 04:02.