PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 1 referral - the wait
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2018, 22:42
Tyred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Radgirl
I am not sure why you are being referred. I am not an AME but know people have got Class 1s with no investigations if they had no heart failure or arrythmias....
You have been referred because it is mandatory for the AME to refer this decision to the CAA - as stated in the Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) for abnormalities of the pericardium, myocardium or endocardium quoted below;

8.1 Applicants with a primary or secondary abnormality of the pericardium, myocardium or endocardium should be assessed as unfit. A fit assessment may be considered by the licensing authority following complete resolution and satisfactory cardiological evaluation which may include 2D Doppler echocardiography, exercise ECG and/or myocardial perfusion imaging/stress echocardiography and 24-hour ambulatory ECG. Coronary angiography may be indicated. Frequent review and a multi-pilot limitation may be required after fit assessment.
If, as you suggest this episode was some time ago, then forwarding your investigation results from that time along with a covering letter would be a perfectly reasonable initial approach to the AMS. It very much sounds to me like your AME is following the requirements correctly and proportionately, rather than "running for cover".

However after almost 3 months, it would certainly be worth chasing this up with your AME to ascertain where the CAA are with this.