PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An important MSG to my fellow JETCONNECT pilots.
Old 9th Jan 2018, 19:33
fullnoise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by normanton
So whats the general consensus then?

Bring the entire JC pilot group into mainline at the bottom? That way it will bring the jobs back to mainline. Yes I agree it's better for Australian pilot jobs and conditions long term.

If the JC pilots want their own EBA, then no mainline seniority.

Unfortunately I do not see QF management getting rid of JC.
I see this thread has pretty much turned into a discussion on mainline seniority for JC pilots. While the OP's wording has probably made it sound like this is a factor or claim in the current CEA negotiation, it isn't, and contrary to some conclusions drawn from this wording, no JC pilot considers themselves "entitled" to a seniority number, nor is "demanding" one. It has been a point of discussion with AIPA, and will continue to be, but this has no bearing on the CEA proposal or the impending move to the Qantas AOC.

It's an interesting topic though. Personally, mainline seniority and T&C (likely at the expense of command prospects) would be ideal. In the short term, "what JC pilots want" (beyond the current proposal) will be largely irrelevant. The company (Qantas) is maintaining their cost-neutral stance on negotiation, and the information we have is there's very little to no room to move if the current proposal is voted down. This may turn out to be untrue. I'm sure we'll all find out soon.