PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2018, 11:11
planesandthings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cats_five
I realise that, but equally are I'm sure they are nothing like the equivalent of a BGA Full Cat Instructor which is what the ATC were saying had to fly any Cadets that went to a BGA club as part of the ATC.
Though the rules were relaxed slightly, it's still very strange that a lot of the time 2FTS insisted on Assistant/Full Category instructors to fly cadets at BGA sites when their own G1s are significantly less experienced than this (let-alone barely current after the pause).
Even as a experienced assistant category instructor I couldn't fly cadets as being 20, I did not meet the required "21-65" age bracket to fly cadets, a very strange rule seeing as the VGSs have triumphed with young instructors for decades .

It was no wonder that some clubs gave up trying to fly cadets and focused on developing their own fantastic junior flying schemes (that have caused a few defections!). Hopefully ACTO35 as it was then has been tamed down. It's only the cadets that lose out... not the BGA clubs or 2FTS.