PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An important MSG to my fellow JETCONNECT pilots.
Old 9th Jan 2018, 00:39
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All this heated debate of where JC pilots should fit in to a combined entity is largely irrelevant at the moment. Qantas are not asking the opinion of their pilots or the unions, they have no interest in combining the groups so there is little point in getting angry with each other about it.
I don't know that I would write it off that quickly. Qantas haven't ruled anything out publicly about it. All they have done is present their "preferred option" (their words). This implies that they are aware that there are other options, and that their "preferred option" may not be accepted by all parties.

It has been said by both Qantas and AIPA that they are in talks about the subject. Qantas wouldn't been talking if they didn't have to (unless they've had an attitude change recently).

There is also a rumour that CASA isn't too impressed by the proposal either.

Let's see what happens, and if the JC guys pick up the phone to AIPA, maybe the pilots can work together on what their preferred option would be, and go from there.

In the meantime, voting down the proposed CEA might put more pressure on Qantas. Just my thoughts.