PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Class G Discussion Paper
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2018, 23:49
peuce

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OZBUSDRIVER
Change managment??? Dick, if you stayed out of...."Change Managment"...everything would have evolved rather than...Changed!

After seeing the hardware..and seeing which way FS was starting to head prior to.....1991...it would have been interesting to see if demarcation could have ameliorated to an extent to allow a melding of minds to incorporate the technology and expertise in a combined system. After 1991, there were only survivors and ATC.....that is where "Change Managment" failed!
It surely would have been interesting. I saw the new FS visual display system in operation and it would have cut the FS workload (and presumably staff requirement), at least, in half...and, at least, doubled its efficiency and relevance. Pretty cheap too as I remember. HOWEVER, as you say...it created a threat to other competing services. From my shaky memory, I think it was Mr Smith who decided to cancel it at the 11th hour...as, (1) he didn't want a possible demarcation dispute on his hands, AND...(2)it wasn't how they did it in the USA !

Therefore, every time I hear Mr Smith spruiking efficiency and money savings...I have a little chuckle to myself.