PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 9000 expired Sar times- who pays?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2018, 21:34
CaptainMidnight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’d be interested in understanding what the practical impediment is to SARTIMES being ‘automatically’ cancelled on arrival at a controlled aerodrome.

I’d also be interested in understanding what the practical impediment is to SARTIMES not going ‘live’ for a flight out of a controlled aerodrome if the flight never departs.
As I understand the situation, there is no interface between CENSAR (which operates on a standalone PC) and Eurocat (the ATC system).

To build such an interface with the associated software changes to both systems to activate and deactivate SARTIMEs would clearly cost money, and who would pay - us - the industry. And for what? The pilot is responsible for his/her SARTIME. To build in a system where SARTIMEs are automatically activated and cancelled could bring in its own risks.
He ended up not departing because of mechanical problems, and cancelled his plan by radio on the ground.
Did he inform the ATC that his plan had a SARTIME for arrival at Black Duck Creek i.e. "Cancel my plan and SARTIME for arrival at Black Duck Creek".

If he had said that, the ATC would have notified CENSAR. If the pilot just said to cancel his plan, the ATC most likely would not have been aware a SARTIME was involved, only holding flight details to exit CTA. The flight could have been NOSAR NO DETAILS for all the ATC knew.

Same applies to flights inbound to a TWR in CTA. The ATC is not to know if NOSAR or a SARTIME is involved. That is held by CENSAR, and the system leaves ATC to deal with traffic management.