PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2018, 19:05
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vokes55
As you'll find out when you end up in the seat in front of me, yes I can. I don't choose to kick the chair in front because I don't like it, the seat reclines into my knees and they naturally go into the back of it.

If you're suggesting that BA should upgrade me on some sort of medical grounds, or that they should put a height limit on economy seats, I'd be happy to support your cause. But they don't, and as far as I'm concerned, I have a right to not face physical injury just because somebody like you reckons they can get an extra 10 minutes sleep whilst pi*sing off the rest of those around them.
I’m 6’2 and I choose airlines who will allow me to pick seats with extra leg room for a small premium. Recently flew in Finnair Econ Comfort on the A350 for an extra €150, it was pretty acceptable for a 10hr flight. Why should an airline therefore choose to upgrade you for free when they provide the opportunity to buy more space?

Anyway that aside, the issue is actually on the airline to resolve. 10 years ago, Qantas installed a hard shell, reclining seat in economy complete with a foot net on their A380 ie. it slides forward to create recline.I remember it to have been very comfortable (for an economy seat) on the 22 hours flying to Australia. So the technology exists to shove in more seats, not reduce hugely actual leg room and also enable a bit of recline.

Instead of a “my rights are more important than yours” debate, perhaps the energy would be better spent lobbying BA to install a seat in the same tune as installed by Qantas YEARS ago.

Last edited by EGAC is Better; 9th Jan 2018 at 06:55.