PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where does Yahoo! Mail store my incoming emails and why?
Old 8th Jan 2018, 16:45
Carrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where does Yahoo! Mail store my incoming emails and why?

Over many years Yahoo Mail was a reliable email service. It worked well in different continents. Regardless of hacking and other issues, last year it deteriorated and became unreliable.

I receive passenger sheets as email attachments the night before. They are sent by Dispatch at about 19h00. This worked fine until last year. Then a number of times the sheets failed to arrive. On calling Dispatch, each time it was confirmed that the sheets had been emailed on time but I had not received them. A second email was immediately sent but it also often failed to arrive that evening. Usually the emails arrived many hours later, sometimes only the next morning - too late to be of use. Some emails just never arrived.

An example was on 19 December. The email with sheets for 20 Dec did not arrive. I called at about 23h00 and was advised that the email was sent at the usual time. Dispatch then sent a second email. Neither had arrived at 23h30 when I called Dispatch again. A third email was then sent to my Tutanota email address. It was in my Tutanota Inbox when I opened it straight after ending the call to Dispatch. I was then able to plan the next day’s activity and get to bed.

When I departed the next morning neither of the emails sent to my Yahoo Mail address had arrived. When I arrived home that evening one of the emails was in the Yahoo Inbox. The other has never arrived.

I now use Tutanota exclusively. Yahoo’s email service is unreliable and is not fit for use for business or work.

Why is there this problem with Yahoo Mail? I ask here because a couple of times I sent letters regarding problems to Marissa Mayer, then Yahoo’s CEO, but I never received a response and the problems continued.

It would be interesting to know why Yahoo Mail has this unreliability problem and why Yahoo’s management fails to correct it.