PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopean infos.
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2018, 12:36
MD80767 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Sucram,

That training bond, for an experienced 787 Capt, who is actually giving ET a huge present by bringing a rating and experience to ET 'for free', is just another example of what Im talking about... totally inexplicable and crazy. FYI, it will be stated in your contract, that "any dispute between the pilot and ET is to be resolved by the courts of Ethiopia"....Now, Ethiopian Airlines, Ethiopian CAA and the Ethiopian Government are all one and the same thing. If for some reason, the company decides to NOT pay you back your 'training bond' after 3 years here (I wouldn't be shocked)....who do you think would win that courtcase? Go figure. But let me remind you, that this is Africa.....

As an aside...Im on 767 (doh) - rated and experienced when I joined. NO training bond. Consistency or just management by fumbling in the blind, seeking new ways to keep people from leaving if they want ? There is your reason, that this guy will refuse to go on 777/787....because I would then have to pay usd 19.000 UP FRONT + another usd 19000 over 3 years..Now, do I trust, that I'll be paid back after 3 years of service ? Take my refusal to upgrade to 777/787 as my answer to that! I 'gave them' my rating and experience, and have done my service......Im not paying them when THEY want me to upgrade, after already having given them 'my rating and experience' for free once.....

Not much here, makes any sense for us Europeans/Americans. But that IS ET for ya'....