PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2018, 12:00
cats_five

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arclite01
Cats

Staff Cadets could not 'automatically' take passengers.

They had to make it to a certain Grade to take passengers much like the BI Grade in the BGA world. A G1 (Passenger Carrying) in the ATC world would probably equate to the old 'Air Experience Instructor' Rating or 'Passenger Pilot' in the BGA of many years ago............

G1 used to have to have at least 50 solo flights before they could be considered for the test..... in practice this meant at least 75 solo flights ( so probably 500 launches) before they could be considered. Then they had to take a test with a 'Flying Supervisor' before the Grade was issued. The Grade was subject to Quarterly check and Annual renewal - so pretty rigorous actually (more than most BGA clubs that I've been a member of.......)

Arc
I realise that, but equally are I'm sure they are nothing like the equivalent of a BGA Full Cat Instructor which is what the ATC were saying had to fly any Cadets that went to a BGA club as part of the ATC.

I'm also surprised at as many as 500 launches e.g. 500 flights. Cadets are teenagers, they learn very quickly.

People where I fly who want a Family & Friends rating (allows them to take family & friends, they are P1 and fly in the front) a Bronze is required, plus permission from the CFI, plus a flying test, plus must be current on glider type & launch method, plus each & every flight has to be authorised by the Duty Instructor.